Saturday 14 May 2011

My little helper

I've mentioned before how the boy likes to help, and most of the time it's great. Even if it means chores take a bit (or a lot) longer, it means I'm spending time with the boy (and that way if things aren't done perfectly I can always blame him!) and he's learning to help and be useful.

Today was no exception. With the warm weather we've had recently, I decided I could finally pack away our winter things (I know it's May, but I didn't want to put them away and then need to get them out again). Since it was raining today, I thought it would be the perfect time to get it done. The boy was taking a break from playing outside (he's like the post office, neither rain, nor snow, nor gloom of night...) and thought that he would be helpful. 

However, his version of helpful was not so helpful today. He thought that while I was getting all the scarves and mitts and junk out, he would turn it into dress up time. This meant he had to try them all on. Then, as I was getting all of our summer stuff out (sun hats, sunglasses, gardening gloves etc.) those needed to get tried on. It meant that the job took twice (maybe three times) as long as it needed to. But eventually it got done, and it left me with a great photo opportunity (not only does he like to dress up, but the boy is also a bit of a ham). So all in all, it was a chunk of time well spent, I think...
Summer hat, sunglasses, sweater and gardening gloves - high fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment