Saturday 28 January 2012

A trip to Blog Podium (and more fun with Nana)

On Friday I got to head down to check out Blog Podium at the Interior Design Show. Both were amazing, and it was nice to get out of the house and be among grown ups. The Interior Design Show had lots of fantastic exhibitors, and made me wish I had the resources to redo my house entirely!

The best part of the day though was the talk at Blog Podium. Lindsay from littlehouseblog and Jennifer from Rambling Renovators put together an amazing group of media personalities who are involved in the design industry to talk about a number of things. They touched on the role of bloggers in the media, how to attract media attention, and how to pitch an idea to a magazine or TV show. It was really interesting, and I'm already looking forward to the next talk in May. You can check out the twitter hash tag #blogpodium to see some of the things that came out of the conversation.

During all of this the boy got to hang out with Nana, which makes him very happy. He was so into hanging out with Nana that when she showed up in the morning, everything else got forgotten and he was off and showing her all his toys. This continued, so that when I got home the only people to care I was home were my dogs! We are so lucky to have grandparents that the boy adores, and who adore him, so that I can head out for occasional trips into the real world with other grown ups.  Now to book Nana for the next Blog Podium event!


No comments:

Post a Comment