Tuesday 15 November 2011

2 minutes peace, please!


The boy is currently going through a phase where he has to be with me all the time (unless hubby is around of course and then I'm only good if he is upset). He used to want to be with us, but was o.k for 5 minutes while I went down to move laundry into the dryer or get something out from the freezer, or even just to go pee. But now that's all gone. I can't even make it to the bathroom without hearing footsteps behind me.

I  know it's a stage and it will pass but I do like my peace and quiet. I've tried reassuring him that I'll be right back, telling him exactly what I'm doing, or where I'm going, but to no avail. So today I finally asked him why he needed to follow me everywhere and his answer was "but I just want to be with you Mummy." How do I argue with that? I just need to remember these days when he's a teenager and wants nothing to do with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment