Monday 19 September 2011

I like this one much more better

The boy dresses himself, and most of the time does a pretty good job of it. He manages to pick things out that match, and other than wanting to wear long sleeves most of the year round,  he gets things that are appropriate for the weather. Since I buy all of his clothes, I know he's not going to come out with something wildly inappropriate, in fact he often will 'over-dress', being fond of collared shirts and khaki pants.

We were getting ready to go out to the library this morning, and he'd already gotten dressed and was with me in my bedroom as I was picking out my clothes. He looked at what I had decided on, went and opened my closet, picked out a different shirt, handed it to me and said, "Mummy, I like this one much more better, you should wear this one." I never thought I'd be subjected to 'What Not To Wear' in my own home! 

Perhaps this means he'll have a career in fashion, and all those shopping trips he's been forced to accompany me on have started to sink in. I'm not sure that the people at the library would have noticed a difference in the two shirts I was going to wear, but if it makes the boy happy why not. As long as he does a good job, I will continue to let myself be styled by a three year old - how many people can say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment