Monday 13 February 2012

Valentine's Cupcakes

The boy & I decided to make some cupcakes for Valentine's Day (any reason really to have cupcakes!). So we used a great white cake recipe that the boy has made in his cooking class, added some raspberries and proceeded to make heart shaped cupcakes.

All you need to do to make the heart shape is to drop a marble in the pan to push in the top of your cupcake liner. My helper (a.k.a the boy) loved doing this. He kept saying we were having marble cupcakes! The bigger the marble, the bigger the 'dent' in the heart

Marble cupcakes

The thing I forgot when making these is that you don't want to fill your liners too much. You can see from the picture above that they're about 2/3 full, and I probably should have put less in, as you end up losing a bit of the heart shape when they bake.
Fairly heart shaped



We iced them with the world's best buttercream icing (it truly is the best I have ever tasted) and topped them off with a raspberry. I say 'we' iced them, but really it was the boy, with me helping to hold the icing bag.
The boy's artistic icing


It doesn't matter how they look, because they taste fantastic! Hubby will be getting one in his lunch tomorrow and then they will be our special dessert after dinner for Valentine's Day. The secret ingredient really is love!



No comments:

Post a Comment