Tuesday 18 September 2012

From Apple Picking to Cookies

The boy & I went apple picking the other weekend at a local apple farm. He was very enthusiastic and we came home with nearly a bushel's worth of apples. 

Picking Apples in the pouring rain

We're now hitting the point where we're starting to need other things to do with the apples other than just eat them every day! When I saw this fantastic recipe on the Yummy Mummy Club for cookies made with applesauce, how could I resist?

The boy & I made them this afternoon and they are fantastic. We ate too many before I could get a good picture, so you'll just have to drool over the image on Yummy Mummy Club.

The only change I made in the recipe was to use hemp hearts instead of walnuts. This gives them a good protein kick, and they're still safe for the boy to take them to school. I've frozen half the batch and that way I have a quick ready made treat for us. Plus it means that we don't eat them all at once! 

Now I just need a few more recipes to go with the rest of the apples that are left!

Look Mummy, I got another one!



No comments:

Post a Comment