Tuesday 14 August 2012

Why do you like the necklace Mummy? Why?

The boy came home from camp yesterday with a beaded necklace he'd made for me. It's very cute and of course I put it on right away and told him how much I liked it. And that's when the questions started.

"Why do you like it Mummy?"
"I like it because it has lots of pretty colours in it,"
"Why does it have lots of colours Mummy?"
"Well, those are the beads you picked for it,"
"Do you like it Mummy?"
"Yes, I like it a lot,"
"Why do you like it?"
"I like it because it looks like a rainbow,"
"It does, doesn't it Mummy. Why else do you like it?"
"I like it because you made it for me, and that makes it special to me."
"Oh, I'm glad."
pause
"Why else do you like it Mummy?"

and so on, and so on, and so on. I had to get very creative with some of my answers, and finally ended up repeating myself. But eventually the questions stopped. Until this morning anyway. The boy certainly does not suffer from a short attention span when it's something that interests him.


The necklace in question. In case you weren't sure, I do like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment