Tuesday 25 January 2011

Meet Monster Mum

I have one child, the boy, and he is the best thing that's ever happened to hubby and I. Like all parents out there, the boy means everything to us, and we'll do everything to make sure he has the best life we can give him. At 2 ½ the boy has a a firmly entrenched personality and a definite mind of his own. This means, like all parents, we have our good days and our bad days, and since he's a toddler, good hours and bad hours.

Besides being called the boy, we also have a slew of different names for him, His nicknames mostly depend on what he's doing at the time, he's an 'eating machine' when he can't seem to fill his hollow leg, he's a 'cheeky monkey' when he's being funny, he's a 'silly goose' when he's being well, a silly goose. The one that gets used everyday though, is monster. I called him monster the other day, and saw another parent give me a judgy look, so I thought I'd best explain myself.

I love my son, to the ends of the earth and back, but he is still my monster. Some days that's a good thing, he's my tickle monster, my snuggle monster, my cuddle monster, my sleepy monster, my kissy monster and more. On other days though, he's my grumpy monster, my whiny monster, my cranky monster, my grabby monster, or my complaining monster. Every day though he's still my monster, good days, bad days and in-between days.

So whether I'm calling him a monster because he's cranky or cuddly, he is still my monster and I will love him always.

No comments:

Post a Comment